/ / Garden Pavilion of the blue waves (Canlan)

Garden Pavilion of the blue waves (Canlan)

Photos and description

Garden Pavilion of the blue waves (Zalantun, Canglang Ting) is one of the oldest gardens in Suzhou, built by official and poet su Sunitinib in the period 1041 at 1048. The main "highlight" Callantine is that the owner managed to combine on a single area of natural scenic landscape and a private built in traditional Chinese style.

The entrance to the garden is crowned by a beautiful pond, on the banks of which grow weeping willows. Proceeding further, you can see the massive stone bridge arch of marble, stone hills of fantastic shapes, and numerous sculptures. Everything is surrounded by flowering tropical plants in combination with bamboo thickets. The General concept Callantine fully complies with the architectural style of the era song.

For many centuries the garden has been repeatedly reconstructed and supplemented with new architectural elements. Among them are the pavilions and niches, in which are inserted the original latticed Windows that serve as the hallmark of the gardens of Suzhou represent a special artistic value.

In the Central part Callantine is a long corridor with a roof, decorated with carved frames with a variety of drawings. The most popular pavilions are: "House of Blossoms", "Minda", "House of the Fragrant Lotus", "House of fine Bamboo" and "Pavilion of Fragrant Blossoms". Inside the pavilions were preserved such relics as the oldest geographical map and a canvas depicting the structure of the universe.

The southern part of the garden is the temple of the five Hundred sages that houses numerous stone tablets commemorating the names of the most prominent residents of Suzhou.