/ / Temple Dalinshan

Temple Dalinshan

Photos and description

Temple Daihani was founded in the year 268, the second year of the reign of the Western Jin dynasty, during which the rules of the Emperor Wu (then the temple was called, Consani).

The monastery was rebuilt during the reign of Emperor sui dynasty, and then renamed and got its name - "Dalinshan", and then gradually became the main centre of a network consisting of 45 Buddhist monasteries, who founded the first dynasty Emperor Yang Jian.

During the eras of the Tang and sui, the temple was one of the main centers of China for the study of Mi-Tsung (Janian) - tantric Indian Buddhism. The monastery lived and worked many Indian monks, including such as Amoghavajra (his Chinese name was kun BU). This teacher has implemented in the 8th century translated from Sanskrit into Chinese a lot of different literature, including vagrants Sutra. Also, under BU Kuna were collected various talented Buddhist devotees from all over China.

In later times the temple of Dalinshan slightly lost its former influence and power. 841 to 845 years, during the persecution of Buddhists, most of the monastery was destroyed and rebuilt only during the Ming dynasty, in 1785. Between 1955 and 1982, the monastery was partially reconstructed and rebuilt. Many of the premises of the monastery, including 7 meeting rooms, halls, bell tower and drum room, rebuilt from the beginning.

At present, there is a canteen, tea room, Buddhist hotel. The gate of the ancient temple-monastery facing the street, Dalinshan to one of the sides of the temple is adjacent to the hotel with the same name.

In the monastery there is the statue of Maitreya Buddha, made of wood and, most likely, referring to the era of sun. Also at the temple there is a gallery and the headquarters of the Buddhist Association of XI'an.