/ / Njivice

Njivice

Photos and description

Njivice is a former fishing village, now a town with beautiful beaches, blue water and mild climate that attract more tourists. It is first mentioned in the Charter of the Prince Ivan Frankopan family in 1474. But some archeological findings allow us to conclude that the village is much older.

The recent discovery of pre-Romanesque baluster - side of the separation fence or building panels - evidence of the ancient roots of Njivice. Early baluster belonged to the Church, whose whereabouts are still unknown. The baluster - four fields, separated by a triple band, the first two depicted the dove and the cross. Decorated with the discovery of pre-Romanesque motifs, and in this connection it can be assumed that the Church in which it stood belongs to the same time (about age 11).

Currently, this finding is kept in the parish Church of the Nativity of the blessed virgin, which was built in 1905 on the site of the former chapel of St. Mary. In the sacristy of the Church kept the altar in 1586, the year painted by artist Ivan Valeriem. Behind the Church are well maintained, trying to keep its uniqueness, the last major overhaul was carried out in 1996-m to year. In past centuries, Njivice was a small village whose inhabitants were mainly engaged in fishing, olive cultivation, oil production and cattle breeding.

The last eighty years the main activity of the local population is tourism. The resort Njivice choose lovers of peace and quiet, as the place is completely devoid of city noise and bustle. Gorgeous beaches on the shores of the crystal-clear sea and bright sun make the stay especially enjoyable. Fans of excursions will also find something to do - you can always go on an exciting journey on a ship or boat to see the Blue cave, Zanjice, Dobrich.