/ / Fine art gallery

Fine art gallery

Photos and description

Fine art gallery were created by selecting works of art from the Museum of Slavonia from 1954 to 1963. The Museum building is in the Palace - the ancestral seat of the lawyer Dr. Newman, built in 1895 by architect Joseph Vancata.

The collection includes paintings, drawings, prints, sculptures, and medals of the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. These works of art are of fundamental importance for Croatian culture. The collection includes works of famous European masters of the late Baroque, classicism and romanticism.

In addition, the Museum presents the classic works of Croatian artists of the postwar period and the modern period. Here you can see the work of artists from Osijek belonging to the first half of the 20th century. The most extensive and the most valuable part of the collection of paintings refers to the 18-19th centuries was donated to the Museum by representatives of the noble families.

The collection of sculptures has its origins in the 19th century and filled up by now. It includes, in particular, exhibits of military subjects during the Croatian war - medals and orders. Also in the collection includes the works of Croatian art of the early 20th century numerous portraits, Dating from the years 1900-1918.

Part of the collection consists of paintings, 1940-1960-ies, created by Croatian artists of the academic direction: M. Trips D. Bercovici, F. and E. Kovacevic, etc. the Collection also includes a minimalist drawings, silkscreen, constructivist graphics and abstract painting.