/ / Orthodox Church of St. Fathers Of The First Ecumenical Council

Orthodox Church of St. Fathers Of The First Ecumenical Council

Photos and description

Orthodox Church of St. Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council stands on the site of an old small Church. The construction was carried out under king Tomislav. It began in 1749, and in 1756 was over the Church tower. This Orthodox Church has undergone renovation several times, including in 1848. The last renovation of the Church took place in 2006, because the Church tower was in need of restoration.

The building of the Church. Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council fits perfectly into the urban architecture. Since the fifties of the last century the object guarded.

The Church building has a rectangular form. The nave of the Church is enhanced by five massive arches, supported by wall. Thus, the space is harmoniously divided into equal parts between which are round-arched Windows. Thanks pilastra and ornamental capitals, the inner space looks dynamic. The iconostasis of the Church consists of 42 wooden element. The icons are painted in 1793 by an unknown artist. Both inside and outside of the building has elements of the Baroque style, but the majority concentrated on the West facade. The tower is located on the West side of the Church, has a height of 36 meters. The Church cross is made of wrought iron, the height of 265 cm.