/ / The building of the regional Council

The building of the regional Council

Photos and description

The building of the regional Council in the Croatian town of Vukovar was built from 1771 to 1777. The white building has two floors and covered with red tiles. It is located in the New Vukovar.

The building of the regional Council built in the classical style of the late Baroque with elegant elegant sculptural decorations placed on the facade of the building. The building is placed the coat of arms of the County, which belongs to Vukovar, a reminder that in 1747, it was the office of the Austrian Empress Maria Theresa.

The building of the city Council is directly connected with the building of the current administration Vukovarsko-Srijemska County, built in 1889 to 1902. In the yard stood the chapel in the late Baroque style. The building was reconstructed in accordance with the historical appearance by sponsors from the County of Split-Dalmatia County and is under state protection as a monument of architecture.