/ / Albrechtice nad Vltavou

Albrechtice nad Vltavou

In a small space between Pisarkami mountains and the river Vltava are located in the village of Albrechtice nad Vltavou, known for its Romanesque Church, standing in the middle of an unusual cemetery. Perhaps, this cemetery can be called the main attraction of the village. Neat rows here found to be low monument with a rounded top, the whole facade of which is decorated with colorful frescoes. And monuments were painted by craftsmen. No picture on these chapels were identical. As those sites are most often selected religious themes.

The cemetery appeared in the village of Albrechtice nad Vltavou in the late twelfth century. Then was built the Church of saints Peter and Paul. The single-nave rectangular building with a tall turret over the previous years has undergone minor changes, so now the temple is in Albrechtice is one of the most interesting Romanesque churches throughout the Czech Republic. In the XIX century this Church was repaired, but the layout is almost not changed.

For the first time about the local Church is mentioned in 1360. By the time the village of Albrechtice nad Vltavou was already well known. Historians believe that, in addition to Romanesque churches, here there was a vast feudal lands. Unfortunately, until today, remained of the estate and other buildings. There is an opinion that in their place was erected the castle District, or WESTEC. He was considered a utility room of the Royal castle of zvíkov. At the end of the XVI century the village was owned by the knights of Adraste Cestrian. Some members of this family are buried in the Church of saints Peter and Paul.