/ / Museum "working-class district Amuri"

Museum "working-class district Amuri"

Photos and description

The history of the quarter Amuri dates back to 1779 cook was killed., when it was founded Tampere. At that time the citizens were allocated land for gardens on the outskirts of the new city. In the early 1800s. here gushing wave of immigrants who needed somewhere to live. As a result, citizens had to abandon their land to give way to new residents. Amuri has evolved not only as an agricultural but as an industrial district.

In the Museum quarter is just five houses and four outbuildings in the late XIX - nachalakh. Visitors will find an apartment-communal space of a shoemaker and a Baker antique shop, haberdashery shop and a communal sauna. At the turn of the 1900s, about 5,000 people lived in wooden buildings, which accounted for ¼ of all housing. A feature of such houses was a communal kitchen for the four families that housed 4 separate fireplaces, allowing every woman at any time to prepare meals.

Here is still preserved the atmosphere of the working quarters. As before, here is a cobbler's shop (1906), bakery (1930.) and paper shop (1940).

The Museum is open from may to September, and the local cafe “Amorin Helmy” takes tourists all year round.