/ / The Church of a country parish

The Church of a country parish

Photos and description

The Church is a rural parish in Mikkeli is a large wooden building, raspolojennoe in the Western part of the city. This is the third largest Church in Finland, with a capacity of up to 2000 persons, was built in 1816-17gg. designed by architect Charles Bassi in accordance with the religious traditions of Finland. Following the canons of the Lutheran Church, the style of the building resembles the intersection of the cross and the square.

The Eastern wall of the temple is an altar with the image of the crucifixion of Christ, which is a copy exhibited in the Louvre paintings of Pierre Padhani.

The restorers managed to keep intact since 1873 the Church facade and the old bells, cast in 1752г.

The entrance to the Church is free, but its doors are open to tourists only in summer.