/ / Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy and the wine Museum: photo description (Hotel des ducs de Bourgogne et Musee du vin de Bourgogne)

Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy and the wine Museum: photo description (Hotel des ducs de Bourgogne et Musee du vin de Bourgogne)

Until the fourteenth century, Beaune was the residence of the Dukes of Burgundy before they moved it to Dijon. Today, the walls of the Ducal Palace is the Museum of Burgundy wines, and this is no accident - Bon is one of the wine centers of Burgundy and is surrounded on all sides by vineyards, the winemaking region of the côte d'or. Bon is also called the wine capital of the region. Many of the events in the life of a bona way or another connected with wine. So, the annual charity auction of wines and procession in honor of St. Vincent, patron of winegrowers.

The Palace, which since 1924 had the status of a historical monument, Museum wines moved in 1946, although it was opened in 1938 In the Museum of the history of winemaking in this part of France, the production technology and the culture of consumption of wine, tools of winegrowers and winemakers, including a huge press to squeeze the juice. One of the exhibitions devoted to "the package" wine - glass bottles, barrels and other vessels. Especially valuable element of this collection is the glass bottle - the only survivor in the world of made in 1657.

Guests of the Museum explain in detail than Burgundy wines are different from other French wines, are important here and the climate, and soil characteristics, and other details.

The Museum's collection also includes works of art related to the topic of wine and wine drinking - for example, paintings and tapestries, they are presented in a separate hall.

The Ducal Palace was built in the early XI century and represented a complex of buildings. Some buildings appeared later - for example, gates leading into the private chambers of the Duke, was built in the XV century and XVI century were added the timber-framed building. In the Palace there was an octagonal watchtower, a covered gallery for the transition from one building to another. Except occasionally naezzhavshih in Bon Duke, stayed in the Palace for their guests and other statesmen. In the beginning of XX century the Palace was bequeathed to the French Academy of Sciences, and she gave it to the city administration.