/ / The castle of La Lorie: photos, description Chateau de La Lorie)

The castle of La Lorie: photos, description Chateau de La Lorie)

The castle of La Lorie is located in the West of France, in the pays de La Loire region. It was built in 1632 and belonged to the town judge (Prevost) rené Le Pelletier. At that time the building consisted of only two parts, but later repeatedly rebuilt.

Le Peletier was briefly owner of the castle - because of debts he passed to his son-in-law. His descendants held high positions at court and gradually turned this small castle in a true Royal Palace. Especially large-scale work was carried out in the middle of the XVIII century, when the owner of the castle received the title of Marquis de Laurie. Then were built the great barn and other commercial and office space, and built the two wings that housed the castle chapel and the so-called "marble hall", 1780, made for example of the same hall in the Palace of Versailles. In the midst of this luxury premises located expensive chandelier, and the building itself was crowned with a graceful cupola. The room has old furniture in Paris, 1779. It should be noted that it was very brave on the part of the Marquis, as their personal residence even so nobles are not decorated in this way, it was the exclusive prerogative of the reigning monarch.

In the middle of the XIX century here lived the Duke of Fitz-James, descendant of the Marquis de Laurie. He also decorated the castle with special luxury, but soon was hanging about, and in 1886 was forced to sell it to the Marquis Saint-Genis, whose family still resides here for over a hundred years.

In the beginning of XX century there was a new restructuring in the Palace in 1904, living room XVIII century was converted into an art gallery, Saint-Genis was a famous collector of ancient artifacts and works of art. The other living room, made in 1730, was decorated with elegant wooden panelling.

The Palace is surrounded by the so-called "regular" Park, characterized by geometrically precise layout, which is typical for the landscape art of France. In such parks, special attention is paid to term. On its territory you can find many elegant flower beds and topiary - shaped cut trees and shrubs, were also dug several ponds. The arrangement of the Park was completed in the middle of the XVIII century, when the owner of the Palace was the Marquis de Laurie.

Since 1750, the castle operates a stud farm, and 10 kilometers away is the Hippodrome, where horse races take place. The castle is open for tourist visits in the warm season.