/ / The Church Notre-Dame-de-Clignancourt: photos, description Eglise Notre-Dame-de-Clignancourt)

The Church Notre-Dame-de-Clignancourt: photos, description Eglise Notre-Dame-de-Clignancourt)

The Church Notre-Dame-de-Clignancourt named in memory of the village of Klinyankur lying on the Northern outskirts of Paris near Montmartre. Since the XVI century there was a small chapel of the Holy Trinity, but in 1858 the municipality allowed the construction of a new Church a few steps from the old chapel.

The architect Paul-eugène Lech designed the building in the Romanesque style with a length of 99 meters, which can accommodate two thousand worshipers. The first stone of the Church was laid in 1859, prefect of Paris, Baron Haussmann. Part of the funds allocated for the construction of personally by the Emperor Napoleon III and Empress Eugenia, gave the Church furniture and religious items. Consecrated the temple was in 1863. Eight years later, the Communards, the Church looted, some of the furniture was gone.

Despite this, the interior of Notre-Dame-de-Clignancourt today - one of the most remarkable in Paris. The Church is decorated with splendid paintings, stained glass Windows, sculptures. They should look at this one.

Very good sculpture clinic: "King David with lyre" Louis Schroeder "Moses with the tablets" Alfred Adolf Lepere. The Church has also many paintings, two of them, "the Nativity of the virgin" and "Holy mother of God in the temple," brush Nelly Jacquemart, cofounder of the Museum Jacquemart-andré. In the choir attract the attention of two of the canvas of the Novel the goat: "the gospel of Matthew" and "John the Apostle". The same master painted the main arch, which depicts heavenly Father, surrounded by angels and the prophets, however, to consider the difficult vaults, light in the Church a bit.

But perfectly visible paintings are located in the chapels. Chapel of the sacred Heart in the transept is decorated with four paintings of Michel Dumas - they tell of the life and martyrdom of the first Bishop of Paris, St. Dionysius. In particular, one of the paintings is unusually emotionally depicts the time of execution of the Bishop of the Gentiles - the Holy Dionysius was beheaded.

A poignant note to the martyrdom of incessant ringing in the silence of this darkened Church. In the corner chapel of the white marble Pieta literally glows on the background of three unusual paintings. On the right is struck with his soldiers with the banner - the dying eyes he sees in the heavens calling him to his Holy Joan of Arc. On the left before a simple wooden cross kneels the widow of the dead man, embracing him. In the center there is three empty cross at Calvary, the sacrifice took place.

The chapel is dedicated to the memory of hundreds of parishioners who gave their lives in the First world - their names are inscribed here on the marble slabs. Between the plates - the painting, which comes from the tomb of the risen Christ: the sacrifice has taken place, death has been conquered.