/ / The Church Notre-Dame-de-Lorette: photo, description Eglise Notre-Dame-de-Lorette)

The Church Notre-Dame-de-Lorette: photo, description Eglise Notre-Dame-de-Lorette)

The Church Notre-Dame-de-Lorette is located on the right Bank of the Seine and its pediment facing the street Chateaudun. In the nineteenth century witnesses the completion of the Church believed it was "too modern", bright, worldly, and without a high spirituality. Time has smoothed this impression - today, the Notre-Dame-de-Lorette is considered to be just the most colorful in Paris.

Notre-Dame-de-Lorette began in 1823 on the site of the old chapel, destroyed in the revolution. The decree about the beginning of works was issued by Louis XVIII, and finished in 1836, already under Louis-Philippe. The design of the Church was created by architect Louis-Hippolyte lebas, and he managed to offer the technology building on stilts, the only possible here because of the characteristics of the soil.

The beginning of the XIX century is the epoch of Neoclassicism, and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette did not escape its powerful influence. The outline of the pediment inspired by Roman basilicas, support the portico of Corinthian columns. Above the pediment stand three statues symbolizing the three Christian virtues: Charity (by Charles Renee Lattier), Hope (Philippe Joseph Henri Lemaire) and Faith (Denis Folate). In 1902 above the main entrance of the Church appeared the motto "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity".

The plan of the Church is a classic Basilica without transept, but, with four chapels: Baptism, Eucharist, Weddings and anointing of the sick. For the decoration of the temple were invited many famous masters. Gorgeous blue-and-gold coffered ceilings, paintings of famous artists make a strong impression. In the chapel of the Baptism is a huge bronze font, surmounted by a statue of John the Baptist by Francois Duret. Pay attention to the murals, Nicolas-Auguste Hesse "adoration of the shepherds" and "the marriage of the virgin" Jerome Langlois.

The name of the Church dates back to the Basilica of the Holy House in Italian Loreto, where, it is said, is miraculously transferred from Nazareth house, which was conceived by the Holy spirit, Jesus Christ. The Holy House is one of the most famous places of pilgrimage for Christians all over the world.