/ / Palace Glienicke: photo description (Schloss Glienicke)

Palace Glienicke: photo description (Schloss Glienicke)

The history of the Palace Glienicke begins in 1824, when Prince Carl von Preussen, amazed by the beauty of these places, bought a plot of land with a castle, having the appearance of a fortress, and bade the architect Schinkel to design the new building project. The style of the building is classical, which fits into the Park at the same time, the famous garden architect Lenne. Today the Palace is geographically closer to Potsdam than Berlin.

If we talk about the architecture and the interior design, Prince Carl, being a great lover of Italian beauties, demanded Schinkel such hell in the building and in adjacent buildings. The room, the Prince was struck by the luxury, besides, it was interesting and the location of the rooms: all guest apartments certainly were on the second floor, the first was completely given over to the state rooms. Also in the courtyard you can find the artifacts brought from Italy to adorn an ensemble. Shortly after the end of work on the yard and the Park, in the southern part of the estate was built and a hunting Lodge, where, as was supposed, was the stables and kennels.

A remarkable fountain, opening the way to the HOMESTEAD: Leo, as one of the symbols of this Palace. Also interesting tea house in the complex with the rotunda, the names of which are incredibly romantic - a Little curiosity and a Great curiosity.

It should be noted that this magnificent ensemble was lucky, and during the years of the wars of the twentieth century, it almost hurt. However, immediately after the Second world war here was located hotel, which premises are slightly altered, but since the early 80-ies of the Glienicke Palace acquired the status of a Museum open to the public. Among other bonuses for tourists - Museum of the Palace's gardens for the first time in Europe opened in the complex Glienicke.