/ / Palace Tegel: photos, description (Schloss Tegel)

Palace Tegel: photos, description (Schloss Tegel)

Palace Tegel is one of the most attractive monuments of Berlin - located on the shores of lake Tegel. Feature of the castle is a magnificent Park, and the Palace appeared in the place where it stood the HOMESTEAD. The first building appeared here in 1558, and it was done in the Renaissance style. The estate has not been very original and was not any known.

Friedrich Wilhelm of Brandenburg, looked after it for another place to his residence, gave the order to rebuild the estate, giving it the appearance of a traditional hunting castle. From the previous building is not gone, but a clear outline of the classical Palace and today is the interest among tourists. The second name of the Palace is the Palace of the Humboldt, because he since 1700 has become a family home of this family for many years. The Palace had four wings, which are combined with towers, and in the interior the highlight was the Antique room, Blue room and the Blue Cabinet in one of the towers.

On the creation of the appearance of the Palace worked famous architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel, and the style of the building is most inclined to classicism. The famous Park broke here after the next adjustment in the years 1777-1789, author of the project was Johann Christian Gottlieb kunt. And in the beginning of the 19th century personally, Wilhelm Humboldt, the founder of the University of Berlin, studied the Park and its planning, fit fit with his view of plants and the creation of compositions in the Park. In the Palace ensemble Tegel is located and a burial vault for the family of Humboldt, which, in 1983, recognized national historic landmark.

Today, the residents of the estate - a family by the name of Heinz - are direct descendants of the famous Humboldt, and the Park of the Palace of Tegel is one of the favorite places for walking residents and guests of the city at any time of the year.