/ / The Palace Church: photo description (Hofkirche)

The Palace Church: photo description (Hofkirche)

The Palace Church of Dresden was built in 1738-55 by Italian architect Cayetano Chiaveri, it was given the Cathedral status in 1980 After the devastating bombing of the allied forces in 1945, all the interior of the Church was burned, the arch collapsed. After the war the Church was completely restored.

The appearance of the Cathedral is impressive: numerous balustrades and niches decorated with 78 stone figures. The interior is also very nice. Attention the chair in the Rococo style, the organ, the altar decorations. In the Cathedral crypt with four of the 49 sarcophagi are buried here, the heart of “August the Strong” (his body lies in Krakow). In addition, in 1709 at Dresden court Church there is a choir of boys, often touring around the world.