/ / Dominican monastery and cosmetic services: photo description (Kloster Woerishofen)

Dominican monastery and cosmetic services: photo description (Kloster Woerishofen)

Dominican women's monastery in the Bavarian Spa town of bad Wörishofen was built in the years 1719-1721. It is located opposite the city Church of St. Justina of Padua 1520 and consecrated in honor of the blessed virgin Mary Queen of Angels. The town itself was founded in 1067, but was virtually unknown.

In may 1800 and cosmetic services, was captured by French soldiers who destroyed the main temple. It was re-consecrated in 1802. Until 1842 the monastery did not accept the new nuns, but then began a new era in its history.

In 1855, the Confessor was appointed Sebastian Kneipp, who immediately engaged in the improvement of the monastery, established agricultural activity, have opened several boarding schools and kindergartens. However, the most he became famous thanks to the development of a system of hydrotherapy, turning until an unknown village in the famous hospital. Kneipp has combined scientific research with pastoral - in 1881 he was appointed city Minister, and until his death in 1897, continued to write treatises on the subject of logoterapia. Now part of the monastery has a Museum dedicated to the work of Sebastian Kneipp.

In XX century the number of nuns declined, and many of the premises of the monastery, including agricultural lands, were leased. In 1981 was closed a convent school, and there is a therapeutic Spa in 2005, thanks to the work of well-known Catholic organization Kolpingwerk, was converted into a luxury Spa hotel KurOase im Kloster.

The main Cathedral of the monastery is famous for its magnificent altar in the middle of the XVIII century. It consists of three parts: on the center is depicted the coronation of the blessed virgin Mary Queen of Angels, on the side leaves - various saints. The altar is decorated with Golden columns, between which stand the statues of the popes. The Central part of the altar is crowned by angels. Above the tabernacle is an interesting carving - depicts a Pelican pecking itself in the chest, and thus symbolizing Jesus Christ, who died for our sins.

The ceiling of the Church painted by Dominicus Zimmermann in the Rococo style, however, half of the paintings is in the part of the Church, which is open only to nuns. Among open for tourists paintings interesting image of the Holy Trinity, the Archangel Michael and a mural of the virgin Mary above the choir, repeating a picture in the altar.

Southwest of the Church built the chapel of the virgin Mary with the statue of the Black Madonna in the altar. The building was damaged by fire in 1955 but was rebuilt, and the ceiling was painted one of the sisters.