/ / Linderhof castle: photos, description (Linderhof)

Linderhof castle: photos, description (Linderhof)

In the middle of a severe mountain landscape, in loneliness of valley Grasvangtal, was built by order of king Ludwig II Linderhof castle.
The original designs were born from the king after a visit to Versailles in 1867. Already in 1869 he had acquired possession around Linderhof, where his father, Maximilian II, owned a hunting Lodge. Under the guidance of the Royal architect Georg Dollman was built by the "Royal Villa" (1870 - 1878) not as the representative of the building, but rather as a personal refuge, as a place of solitude removed from the world of the king.

In the Western Tapestry room, otherwise known as Music, is striking multicolored wall paintings and furniture for Seating. Painting, reminiscent of tapestries depict scenes from secular and pastoral life in the Rococo style. Beside the richly decorated musical instrument - an unusual combination of piano and harmonium - is peacock life-size painted Sevres porcelain. Proud and shy bird was known as the Swan, the favorite pet of the king.

Precious in the lining of the walls of waiting room, two inscribed marble fireplace with equestrian statues of kings Louis XV and Louis XVI. Between the fireplaces is a work Desk, a king with gold plated writing instrument.

The Royal bedroom is the Central and the largest room of the castle that were made in the old days 108-sicovam crystal chandelier. Marble sculptures, stucco and ceiling paintings betray a tendency to images from ancient mythology.

Designed in bright red dining room has an oval shape. In the middle of the room is the retractable "table, cover yourself!", decorated with a vase of Meissen porcelain.

A favorite in German dorastania of the eighteenth century the motif of the mirror Cabinet is manifested in rampant splendor was developed by Jean de La pikes hall of mirrors. Large, mounted in a gold and white paneling walls, mirrors create the illusion of an infinite number of premises. They break the fire crystal chandeliers reflect matte gloss chandeliers carved from ivory, precious jewelry copy and extend the room beyond infinity.

Galleries with the lime arches directly behind the castle lead up the steep Northern slope from strictly ornamental garden-carpet in the form of the Bourbon line. Here the water flows down the cascades, thirty marble steps into the pool with a fountain, decorated with a sculptural group of Neptune.

Still remained an impressive 300-year old lime-tree, as a memory of the courtyard of the peasant Linder, standing before it, and gave the Palace its name (Linde - lime).

King Ludwig II, with a tendency to the East, acquired in 1876, a Moorish pavilion, related first to the castle Zbiroh in Bohemia. A year later he was installed already restored and partially expanded, on a small hill in the Park of Linderhof castle.

In the twilight of the Windows of colored glass and colored lighting reveals the exotic splendor of the interior. The rounded apse was set made for the king in 1877, Le Blanc-Grander in Paris peacock throne.

In 1876-1877 "sculptor of landscape" August Dirrigl created for the king of an artificial stalactite cave grotto of Venus. And Franz Seitz built the Golden boat made of shells. Underwater lighting, artificially caused by waves, lighting effects provide a fabulous illusion.
Linderhof was the only castle, which was completed during the life of the king. It remained a favorite residence of the king until his tragic death on 13 June 1886.