/ / Cathedral: photos, description (Dom)

Cathedral: photos, description (Dom)

Cathedral of lübeck was founded in 1173 by Duke Henry the Lion as a Romanesque Basilica, in the XIII century was built the chapel, and in the XIV century, the Cathedral was rebuilt in Gothic hall Church in which side aisles have the same height of the arches with the Central one. The Cathedral is distinguished by two square base towers with a height of 120 meters.

Preserved the ornate interior of the Cathedral, including the altar cross is carved from a 17-foot oak famous lübeck master Burnt Note. Among the huge figures can be seen the figures of Adam and eve, and the founder of the Cathedral - Bishop albert Cromedica. Another pride of the Cathedral is a bronze baptismal font, which is supported by three kneeling angel. This is the work of Lorenzo the grove, dated 50-mi years of the XV century.