/ / Kurhaus Baden-Baden: photo description (Kurhaus Baden-Baden)

Kurhaus Baden-Baden: photo description (Kurhaus Baden-Baden)

The Kurhaus (or Spa house Baden-Baden is a long white building in neoclassical style, the construction of which was carried out in three stages.

Construction of the Central part of a construction project Frieder by the state Director of construction Baden, ended in 1824. The front entrance is decorated with eight Corinthian columns and symbolic guarded by a pair of griffins. In this part of the Kurhaus with 1827 housed the casino, the local nobility enjoyed the concerts and danced at balls. Today, the Central part of the Spa house is a luxury lounge with lots of boutiques. Here you can view and purchase luxury watches, exclusive jewellery, watches, fine clothes or exquisite sweetness.

The left wing of the Kurhaus was built in the years 1912-1917, there are concert halls and conference centre, several restaurants. The right wing appeared in 1853-1854 years here and is well-known in entire world casino. The casino halls with its furnishings reminiscent of French palaces of the 18th century: white hall is designed in the Louis XVI style, red with image of the Palace of Versailles, yellow or salon Pompadour reminiscent of the chambers of the Palace of Trianon, and green adorn the coats of arms of Baden. Opposite the entrance, lit at night by gas lamps, there are concerts on the summer terrace.

In addition to classical music concerts, entertainment programmes and discos in the conference hall of the Kurhaus hosts international events, congresses and government meetings.