/ / The old mint:, (Alte Muenz)

The old mint:, (Alte Muenz)

The old mint of Ulm is a real decoration of the city: the building was built in the mid 16th century. Initially, the functional purpose of the house combined with its name - there is really making money. The power of the city in the middle ages was largely based on the fact that he was built solidly. The wooden buildings of special oak perfectly preserved, among them the Old mint.

In the late 16th century, in 1589, first floor hardwood mint overlaid with brick. But in 1620 was built on two floors in a wonderful and so traditional German half-timbered style. The neighborhood brick and dark wood, plaster - all this is preserved to this day.

Starting from 1624, the building was constantly changing: here, opposite the no less famous "falling" of the house, between the two branches of the small river Blau, and was an oil mill, and malt mill. In each case the building was slightly reconstructed, changed its interior. One of the reminders of what happened here, is considered a water wheel, which is preserved on the South side of the building. This lasted until the mid-20th century. Mint quite badly damaged as a result of the air strike in 1944, but today the building is restored and serves as one of the tourist program.