/ / Church. Maximilian: photos, description (Maxkirche)

Church. Maximilian: photos, description (Maxkirche)

Church of St. Maximilian is one of the most ancient and renowned place of pilgrimage of the Catholic churches in düsseldorf. The history of this Church began in 1651, when the city was built a citadel, which later began to hold Church services. The main building acquired its final appearance only three years later, in 1654, he was consecrated. Gradually the Church of St. Maximilian has become a real cultural and spiritual center of the city.

At the end of XVII century when the temple was opened a Church school, where he could come all who wished to become subsequently a priest. In 1695, there began to operate parochial school, which operates until today. After several decades, a number of the parishioners of St. Maximilian was more than she could bear. For this reason, the decision was made to expand the building.

The Church was consecrated in honor of St. Maximilian, which before death was tortured because he refused to serve in the army during the reign of the Roman Emperor Diocletian because of his Christian beliefs.

This temple was built in Baroque style and practice the best traditions of the musical world of Catholicism. It is in the Church of St. Maximilian in the nineteenth century, worked such prominent figures as Robert Schumann and Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy. Here is the extraordinary beauty of the body, where the real professionals play music from around the world. Inside the Church are carefully preserved artistic and cultural values, among which are paintings belonging to artists of the school of Rubens.