/ / The Budapest Parliament, (Parliament)

The Budapest Parliament, (Parliament)

Seven years after the unification of Buda, pest and óbuda, in 1880, the national Assembly adopted a decision to build the Parliament building, to emphasize the sovereign right of the Hungarian nation. A competition was announced, which was won by the architect Imre Steindl but have been implemented and some ideas of two other participants in the building of the Ethnographic Museum and the building of the Ministry of agriculture. In 1885 construction began, the first session of the national Assembly was held in the building in 1896, during the celebration of the 1000th anniversary of the Finding of the Motherland. The construction of the Parliament was completed in 1906, it Should be noted that by the time of the completion of the project architect went blind.

The Parliament building is one of the symbols of Budapest - built in eclectic style - it features elements of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance. The Grand staircase with frescoes by károly Lotz, the visitor enters the dome hall with a height of 27 m. From 1 January 2000 here are the Holy crown of Hungary and the coronation regalia.