/ / Hungarian state Opera house: photo description (The Hungarian State Opera House)

Hungarian state Opera house: photo description (The Hungarian State Opera House)

One of the most beautiful theatres in the world, the Hungarian state Opera house was opened in 1884 on andrássy Avenue. The author of the project of the theatre building - the Hungarian architect Miklos Ybl, a brilliant representative of pseudohistorical in the European architecture, it was realized in neo-Renaissance style, using Baroque ornaments, sculptures and paintings. Of particular interest is the wall painting inside the building, presents the works of artists such as Bertalan székely DSC, Mor tan and károly Lotz.

The theatre hall is in the shape of a horseshoe has a capacity of 1261 seats and ranks third worldwide in terms of its acoustic characteristics. In different periods of history were able to appreciate the many great musicians including: Otto Klemperer, Bela Bartok, Lamberto Gardelli, Janos Ferencik, Beniamino Gigli, Eva Marton, and others. Twice he set his operas in the Hungarian state Opera, Giacomo Puccini.

Before the theatre building there are statues of the composer Franz Liszt and his first Director, and the Creator of national anthem of Hungary Ferenc Erkel to. In 1888-1891 the Director of the Hungarian state Opera was the composer Gustav Mahler.

The theatre is also the main stage and for the Hungarian national ballet.