/ / Hungarian national Museum: a photo, a description (Hungarian National Museum)

Hungarian national Museum: a photo, a description (Hungarian National Museum)

The Hungarian national Museum was founded in 1802 and is the national Museum of history, art and archaeology of Hungary and Transylvania - the area outside the modern borders of Hungary. The Museum is not to be confused with the collection of international art at the National gallery of Hungary. It is located in a neoclassical building, built in the years 1837-47 by the architect mihály Pollack. On the interiors of the Museum have worked Karoly Lotz and Mor than.

History of the Museum began in 1802, when count Szechenyi was opened to the public National Library in Budapest. A year later, thanks to the collection of minerals donated by the wife of Earl, the library was transformed into the Museum of natural history. In 1807 the Hungarian Parliament adopted a new law on the establishment of the Museum and appealed to the public with a request for replenishment of the Museum collection.

1832-1834 the Hungarian Parliament voted to give the Museum a half a million dollars for the construction of a new building. In 1848 the Hungarian national Museum played an important role in the Hungarian revolution. On the stairs in 1848, poet Shandor Petefi called on the people to revolution, reading their "National song".

The Hungarian national Museum has seven permanent exhibitions: one devoted to the General history of Hungary in two parts: archaeology to the Avar period ending in 804 a year in the basement, and the history from 804 to modernity on the ground floor. The recent history of the exhibits narrate the war for independence. A separate exhibition about the emergence and collapse of the Communist system in Hungary. The permanent exhibition on the first floor contains artifacts of the middle ages. On the lower floor of the exhibition dedicated to the Roman Empire.