/ / Tomb of gül Baba: photo, description Tomb of Gul Baba)

Tomb of gül Baba: photo, description Tomb of Gul Baba)

The octagonal tomb of Gul Baba built during the Ottoman rule between 1543 and 1548 years on the orders of the third Pasha of Buda, close to Margaret bridge. The tomb has a dome covered with lead plates and wooden tiles. During the second battle for Will in 1686 when the Habsburgs tomb miraculously remained undamaged, but was turned into a chapel by the Catholic Jesuits, who renamed it the Chapel of St. Joseph.

When the land on which lie the remains of Gul Baba came to the ownership of jános Wagner, he is allowed to access the Shrine Muslims who performed the pilgrimage to Buda from the Ottoman Empire. In 1885, the Ottoman government entrusted the Hungarian engineer to restore the tomb and, when the work was completed in 1914, it was declared a national monument. The tomb was again restored in the 1960s, and in 1990-ies was subjected to repeated restoration. Currently, the Tomb of Gul Baba is the property of the Republic of Turkey.