/ / Palace music: photos, description (Palace of Music)

Palace music: photos, description (Palace of Music)

The music Palace is located in the building on the square in Bartok. This building houses the Middle school and the béla bartók Music Institute, béla bartók (faculty of music University of Miskolc). The Palace was designed by Gyula Velder in the style of neo-Baroque and was built between 1926 and 1927. The construction was financed by loans from the United States.

In 1927, on the 25th anniversary of its Foundation moved into the building of the Music Institute, originally bore the name of the violinist Jeno Hubay. In the foyer before the concert hall there is a statue of the works of miklós Ligeti.

Thanks to its outstanding acoustics, the hall plays an important role in the cultural life of the city, in addition to passing regular concerts and literary readings, there are other important urban activities. In the concert halls of the Palace can accommodate up to 400 people.

In 2009 the building was declared a monument of national importance, in the same year began the long overdue reconstruction, which was completed in early 2011.