/ / The Nyugati railway station: photo description (Nyugati Railway Terminal)

The Nyugati railway station: photo description (Nyugati Railway Terminal)

West Nyugati train station - one of three main stations in Budapest and perhaps the most beautiful station of Budapest. From here trains East direction. The name he gave the area in which it is located. Originally this site was only the first station of the new railway line Budapest-vác opened in 1846. The construction of the new building, which was conducted by the Gustave Eiffel company, was completed on 28 October 1877. The difficulty of construction was to build a new design without disturbing the operation of the station and, accordingly, without destroying the old building. Eiffel solved this problem by building a pavilion on top of previous structures. After completion of the work all the old structures were dismantled.

In 1911, the depot station was opened the railway Museum of Budapest, which is the largest railway Museum in Europe.