/ / Castle Decider: photos, description of the Diosgyor Castle)

Castle Decider: photos, description of the Diosgyor Castle)

The first castle in Miskolc was built in the 12th century, and, likely, it was poorly fortified castle, so she to the ground was destroyed during the Mongol-Tatar invasion in the years 1241-1242. New castle is mentioned in the annals of 1316 and belongs to the reign of king Bela IV. The Central tower was surrounded by a polygon of the outer walls.

Castle Decider reached its heyday during the reign of Louis I (the Great), king of Poland. On his orders the castle was renovated and modernized. Surrounded by several walls, the inner castle was built around a rectangular courtyard has four towers, one in each corner. The first floor of the fortress was occupied warehouse space, second floor - living room and knights ' hall is 25 meters long and 13 meters wide. Modernization of the castle was finished in the reign of Louis's daughter Mary, then the castle was surrounded by 4-meter ditch.

In 1381 the castle Diestler was signed the peace Treaty of Turin, Podesi line in the war between the Venetian and Genoese republics for supremacy in the Mediterranean, the real winners of which were shadow figures: king of Hungary and Duke of Austria. In the North-Eastern tower there is an exhibition of wax figures, among which we can find the heroes of this historic meeting: king Louis and the Venetian Ambassador .

For several centuries the castle was the holiday residence of the Queens. The last Queen, owns the castle, was Mary, the wife of Louis II.

When the Ottoman army began to occupy the southern territories of Hungary, the castle was fortified. Its owners, the family Balassa turned it into a great fortress, the tower had been replaced by bastions. In 1596, the Ottomans occupied the castle in Eger, Decider decided not to tempt fate and surrendered to the mercy of the winners and to 1687, under the authority of the Pasha. After the liberation from the Turkish occupation, the castle played no historical role and had no military significance.

The restoration of the castle began in 1953году. Initially, attention was given only fragments threatened with final destruction, but in 1960 he started serious work, including archaeological excavations. In the North-East tower (king's room) an exhibition of the history of the castle and monastery collection of weapons and the exhibition of wax figures. North-West tower functions as an observation deck with views of the castle and its surroundings. On the ground floor there is a small printing press, where tourists can make commemorative coins with their own hands. South-East tower (Queen Anne room) closed to the public - it is mainly used as dressing rooms for the actors during takes place on the grounds of the castle festivals and historical reconstructions. South-West tower is still a ruin.