/ / The Zsolnay ceramics Museum: photos, description of The Zsolnay Museum)

The Zsolnay ceramics Museum: photos, description of The Zsolnay Museum)

The building on the street Káptalan, 2, was registered in the year 1324. In 1476 there was opened the first public library in Hungary. During the Turkish occupation, this house was the official residence of a Turkish Imam. Restoration work at the building was conducted in the period between 1954 and 1955 years. Today in the oldest residential building in pécs houses the Zsolnay ceramics Museum

Decorative glassware, manufactured by the Zsolnay factory was unique in its artistic designs and the production technology. Zsolnay garnered international acclaim thanks to specially glazed ceramics, which the specialists of the factory called eosin (from the Greek word for "dawn"). The Zsolnay factory in pécs was established in 1853 by Miklos Golnam, but the glory janauskas ceramics brought his son, Vilmos, Zolnai who ran the manufactory until his death in 1900. His merit was the introduction of several technological innovations that brought ceramics, Zsolnay known throughout the world, including: pottery, won a gold medal at the Paris world fair, pirogranit that adorns many public and private buildings and eosin.

Each family member contributed to the family enterprise, which contributed to the success of the brand: the daughters of Vilmos Alnoe worked on the design of the product, the son ran the sales Department, the son-in-law headed the production of architectural ceramics.

In 1900 came the Golden age of decorative ware. This time, the emergence of a new artistic style - art Nouveau, characterized by natural forms, stylized and decorative lines, two-dimensional images. Equal Zsolnay ceramics at this time no one was in this period of factory work, many young and talented artists of the time. During the Second world war fell on hard times, but the factory continued to work, producing daily tableware and technical porcelain.

The Zsolnay Museum was opened in 1928, the 100th anniversary of the birth of Vilmos Jalna. The organizers of the first exhibition was the daughter of Vilmos Jalna and his granddaughter. The Museum consists of six rooms and shows different examples of industrial ceramics, high strength glass and eosin. One of the halls devoted to the collection, collected by Vilmos Ganem in Persia and Egypt. The current exhibition is based on the foundations of the former factory Museum, as well as collections of modern products of the Zsolnay factory.