/ / The Treasury of the bishopric, library, lapidary: photos, description (Treasury of bishopric, library, lapidary)

The Treasury of the bishopric, library, lapidary: photos, description (Treasury of bishopric, library, lapidary)

In the Treasury of the bishopric of Gyor are items of the liturgical plan. Traditional donors - bishops, nobles presented the Church with gifts, most of these were items of jewelry, weaving. In the 15-16 centuries, it was mainly the work of Hungarian masters, and from the 18th century to the beginning of the past because of a considerable Austrian influence, mainly Vienna. The most generous donors were Bishop Ferenc Zichy jános Simor jános Zalka. Great value has a rare collection of Gothic chalices, the earliest example of which dates back to the early 15th century. The reign of king Matthias presented the chalices with amazing beauty and complexity of the filigree, filigree, enamel. In the late 17th century was made one of the most beautiful glory the Treasury, gave her the Patronal feast of the Cathedral Bishop Agost, Carestel in 1701 year . Textile exhibits relate to the 15-16th centuries, the objects Church decoration and liturgical clothing of the priests.

The Museum library was founded through the merger of two predecessors: the Library of the Theological Seminary and the collection of the books of the Patronal feast of the Cathedral. The Treasury of the bishopric of Gyor and the Library now has 67 thousand volumes, 190 pervozdanna books and 362 manuscripts older than 1850. The most valuable book - Corvina - from the library of Matthias Hunyadi, and the largest in Hungary, code - Zalka-antiphonale - Nagyvarad.

In the lapidary fragments presented stone buildings of the Episcopal fortress and the Patronal feast of the Cathedral from the middle ages and new time. Especially interesting: the coat of arms of the Anjou (14th century), fragments of krestitelevo font (13th century), the Gothic window (15th century), the Episcopal coat of arms (16-18 century). In the small hall of the permanent exhibition of the sculptor Ferenc Lebo.