/ / The Church of St. Augustine: photo description (The Church of St Augustine)

The Church of St. Augustine: photo description (The Church of St Augustine)

St. Augustine Church - old Church, for centuries almost not changed its appearance, despite the long period of Ottoman domination, when it was converted into a mosque. After the end of Turkish rule, the building was given to the monks of the order of St. Augustine in 1702, started its reconstruction. The building was considerably damaged after a fire in 1750, but was again restored.

The Church has a single nave. The interior is distinguished by a polygonal, arched vaults and on the upper level. The sacristy was built in 1935. In the chancel is a "Sad virgin" - famous work of Viennese master Martin Fischer of the 18th century. Most of the paintings located on the walls of the Church were created in 1936. The murals of the Central part was created by ernő Gebauer in 1941, the other canvases on either side of the altar - the works of Emile Gadara. Baroque canvases on the sides of the altar deserve special attention. Kivoriy decorated with a thin carving in 1727. The Western facade of the Church is decorated with statues in niches, of the South facade of three Turkish Windows.

Since September 2004 from the Church tower on the square pours of bell music, the solemn anthem of the miners, a melody popular in Europe at the turn of the 19th - 20th centuries