/ / Caldes: photo description (Caldes)

Caldes: photo description (Caldes)

Caldes is one of the largest communes of the Italian resort of Val di sole, which includes the entire lower part of the valley. It includes seven areas of Caldes, Smolevo, Cassana, San Giacomo, Tozzaga, Bordianu and Bazzana. Main articles of livelihood are agriculture and tourism. The latter exists due to the large number of monuments of historical significance and value, for example Castello Caldes and the Rocca di Smolevo. In Caldese well-developed tourist infrastructure, and special mention should be standing on the Bank of the river Noce Counter complex with tennis courts, football pitches, basketball and volleyball courts, an area for various activities, bar and Park.

Probably the name of Caldes was due to the hot thermal springs that once existed in these places, and now extinct. The first written mention of Candice or Caldesi are found in documents of the beginning of the 13th century. And two bronze spoons and a silver coin of the 2nd century ad, found here, suggests that the town already existed in Roman times. 1230-1880-th years of Caldes was owned by the lords of cagnò-Caldesi and Tunn. Here for many centuries lived papal and Imperial rulers - Manfroni, Malanotte, Antonietti, Lorengo. In the mid-19th century, Miami became the administrative centre of a growing commune, which later absorbed the surrounding villages.

Of course, the main attraction Kalidasa is the castle, standing at the Eastern entrance to the city. For the most part it was used as the residence for the local noble families, but sometimes served as a military garrison. The oldest part of the castle is a five - story tower of the 13th century. It was built by the lords of cagnò and fortified in the 15th century. The castle, having the form of a square, was built by the lords Turn at the end of the 16th century, and in the first half of the 17th century were greatly expanded. Then he was surrounded by walls, where today there are houses and a round tower with a spiral staircase. The rooms of the castle were decorated with badges, family crest and images of the saints. At the end of the 19th century the building fell into disrepair and only in 1980-ies, becoming the property of the government of the region Trentino-Alto Adige, began to regain its former luster. Today the halls on the first floor are used for exhibitions and cultural events. Near the castle you can see the chapel of the virgin Mary, which is known since late 16th century.

The historic centre Kalidasa formed an aristocratic Palazzo, houses, steeples and churches, is considered one of the most attractive in Trentino. Tourists are attracted by its cobbled streets, arched Windows and overhanging roof, creating a cozy atmosphere of the past. Of religious buildings it is worth noting the parish Church of the 19th century, the castle chapel and graveyard Church of San Rocco. In the medieval bell tower with a double row of arched Windows are preserved frescoes of the 15th century. And in the Church of San Rocco, built after the plague of 1510, the year, you can admire the beautiful wooden altars and altar image of the 17th century.