/ / Campitello di Fassa: photo description (Campitello di Fassa)

Campitello di Fassa: photo description (Campitello di Fassa)

Campitello di Fassa - another charming town that lies on the territory of the Italian ski resort Val di Fassa in Trentino-Alto Adige / südtirol. This, incidentally, is one of the oldest local resorts. Its name comes from the Latin word "campus" - field, plain as the town actually lies on flat ground. And above it rise the formidable peaks of Col Rodella and Val Duron, which attracts lovers of skiing and snowboarding. To get to Campitello the best train from Bolzano or Trento.

The first inhabitants of the Village appeared here in prehistoric times. In the Middle ages, the whole valley Val di Fassa belonged to the bishops of Bressanone, which in the 15th century he founded here his residence. This submission was abolished only in the 19th century, when Val di Fassa was annexed to the Tyrol, and then, after the First World war, became part of Italy.

The village lies at an altitude of 1448 meters above sea level and consists of two ski areas - Campitello di Fassa - Col Rodella, Campitello di Fassa - Sella Pass. The first starts on campus and goes towards the Gruppo del Sassolungo height of more than 3 thousand meters. Here you will find 8 lifts and laid about 13 km red runs. Here, between the peaks of Grohmann and Salei is a snow Park with excellent routes for bordercross. The second ski area Sella Pass is at a height of 2244 m above sea level between the arrays of the Gruppo del Sassolungo, Torri del Sella. In this area there are only one blue run and a red one, but it is possible to get to the area Canazei-Belvedere and Sellaronda.

Other possibilities for an active holiday in Campitello worth mentioning sports center Ischia", where you can play tennis, volleyball, basketball and football, as well as mini Golf and Billiards. There is a roller rink and a training wall for climbers. In summer, tourists may enjoy horseback riding, Hiking, trekking, Cycling and rafting on the local rivers. Local attractions include the Church of Saints Giacomo e Filippo, is first mentioned in documents in 1245, the year. Its present appearance the Church was in the 16th century and the bell tower later in the mid-19th century, after the old one was destroyed by lightning.