/ / The Museum of the Risorgimento: photos, description (Museo del Risorgimento)

The Museum of the Risorgimento: photos, description (Museo del Risorgimento)

The Museum of the Risorgimento is located in the building of the Milan Palazzo of Morija 18th century and holds a collection of objects relating to the history of the struggle for the unification of Italy from the first Italian campaign of Napoleon in 1796, the year before the annexation of Rome in 1870, the year. Special attention is paid to place Milan in this movement — for example, here you can learn about the popular uprising of 1848, the year against Austrian rule known as the Five Days of Milan.

The Museum of the Risorgimento was founded on the basis of the collection of the documents collected for the Turin exhibition of 1884, the year, and for some time it was housed in the exhibition halls of the municipal garden of Milan. Later the exposition was relocated to the halls of the Rocchetta of the Castello Sforzesco, where the Museum was inaugurated in June 1896, the year. In 1943, during the bombing of Milan in the collection of the Museum temporarily transported to the Casa Manzoni, the home of the famous Italian poet and novelist Alessandro Manzoni. Finally, in 1951 year, the collection of exhibits found a permanent home in the Palazzo Morija.

The Museum exposition is organized in such a way as to present a chronological order of events of the movement for the unification of Italy. Items telling about those tumultuous days, located in 15 rooms of the Palazzo, including the newly established Armory. In 1998, the year the restoration was carried out of the exposure.

In the collection of the Museum of the Risorgimento you can see the green and silver capes and priceless Royal emblems of the coronation of Napoleon Bonaparte, the equestrian flag of the Lombard Legion of Lombard Cacciatori and Cavallo and the first Italian flag. During the last restoration of the Museum were some changes in the information system, and was ennobled garden, Giardino Romantico, located behind the Palazzo Morija.

The Palazzo itself was built in 1775, the year the architect Giuseppe Piermarini. In the era of Napoleon, it housed the Ministry of foreign Affairs and later the Ministry of defence. At the beginning of the 20th century the building became property of the family De MArchI, and then donated to the Milan and wife of the famous naturalist Marco de MArchI.