/ / The Stradivari Museum: photos, description (Museo Stradivariano)

The Stradivari Museum: photos, description (Museo Stradivariano)

Museum Stradivari (Stradivari Museum) traces its history to 1893, the year when Cremona received a gift from Giovanni Battista of Cerani collection of templates, samples and different instruments, which belonged to a local violin masters, including the famous Antonio Stradivari. In 1895, the year that another donation was made Pietro Grolle he gave four wooden clip, which was also made by Stradivari. But the most significant part of the Museum's collection are artifacts from the collection of Ignazio Alessandro Cozio, Earl of Salabue. He was born in 1755-the year and was the first who began to collect the legacy of the great luthiers. By purchasing what was left from the workshop of Stradivarius, Alessandro Cozio was able to satisfy his interest he always felt for the manufacture of violins, and soon became a major specialist in this area. A collection of wooden patterns, paper sketches and various items that were used in the manufacture of violins, violas, cellos and other musical instruments, in 1920, the year was sold by the last member of the family, Cozio, Marchioness Paola dalla Valle del Pomaro, violin master from Bologna, Giuseppe Fiorini for 100 thousand liras. Later this priceless collection has carefully studied Simone Fernando Sacconi, who gathered information about each of the items in the collection. Fiorini was defeated in his attempt to create in Italy a school for the production of violins based on his collection, and eventually, in 1930, the year, gave all the congregation of Cremona. In the same year at the Palazzo Affaitati was inaugurated the exhibition with a collection of Salabue. The Museum then moved to the Palazzo Dell'arte, but in 2001, he returned to the elegant building Palazzo Affaitati 18th century.

Today the exposition of the Museum Stradivari is divided into three sections. The first one tells us about the production of violins and violas in accordance with the tradition of the classic Cremona school, while the second presents the instruments of Italian violin makers of the second half of the 19th and the first half of the 20th century, while the third exhibited the same collection of Salabue-Fiorini 710 artifacts from the workshop of Stradivari.