/ / National archaeological Museum, (Museo archeologico nazionale di Firenza)

National archaeological Museum, (Museo archeologico nazionale di Firenza)

National archaeological Museum of Florence is situated in Palazzo della Crocetta the 17th century in Piazza Santissima Annunziata. The Palazzo was built in 1620, the year for Princess Maria Maddalena de 'Medici, daughter of Ferdinand de' Medici, designed by architect Giulio Parigi.

Initially, the Archaeological Museum, opened in 1870, the year in the presence of king Vittorio Emanuele II, occupied the building Cenacolo di Pulo on via Faenza. At that time, the Museum consisted only of the Etruscan and Roman collections, but as the exhibits of the Museum increased in number, it took a new building for storage, and in 1880 year, all the collections were transferred to Palazzo della Crocetta.

The Etruscan collection of the Museum was revised and re-opened to the public in 2006-m year, including those conducted restore partition consisting of 2 thousand exhibits, severely damaged during the flood of 1966. Today in the Museum you can see the bronze "Chimera of Arezzo", found in 1553, the year during construction of the Medici fortress, the statue Tribune (Irrigator) 1st century BC statue of the goddess Mater Matute (5th century BC), ancient sarcophagi of the 4th and 2nd centuries BC.

Roman collection including notable exhibits like the bronze statue "Idolino di Pesaro", a copy of the statue, "torso di Livorno," 5th-century BC statue of a rooster "Gallo Triboniano", a copy of the bronze statue of the goddess Minerva, etc. a Separate room is a huge collection of ceramics, testifying to the cultural and trade relations between the Romans and the ancient Greeks. The most famous exhibit of the collection is the "Francois Vase", named after the scientist who first discovered it.

The Egyptian section now known as the Egyptian Museum is the second largest in Italy collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts after the Egyptian Museum in Turin. The first ancient Egyptian artifacts in Florence was the Medici collections. In the 19th century the Grand Duke Leopold II continued the collection of artifacts, giving rise to the Museum. He also sponsored the expedition to Egypt in 1828-1829-m years. A member of that expedition, Ippolito Rossellini, later became the founder of Italian Egyptology. Collected during the expedition, the artifacts were divided between the new Egyptian Museum of Florence and the Louvre in Paris. Today, the Museum contains more than 14 thousand exhibits, divided into nine galleries and two warehouses.