/ / Palazzo Antonini: photos, description (Palazzo Antonini)

Palazzo Antonini: photos, description (Palazzo Antonini)

Palazzo Antonini Palace in Udine, Northern Italy, designed by the great architect Andrea Palladio in the mid-16th century for the Antonini family, who owned several other palaces in Udine. Today the building belongs to the Bank of Italy.

It is believed that the construction of the Palace began in 1556, the year simultaneously with the construction of the Bollani arch, another work of Palladio in Udine. The customer was Floriano Antonini, a young and ambitious member of one of the most influential families of the city aristocracy. Already in 1559, the year in the Palace were the first inhabitants, but the construction works continued until 1563, the year. Floriano has minted a special medal for completing the construction of his Palace.

In the next century at least twice in the Palazzo Antonini was conducted renovation work that changed the appearance of the building, until that was moved all the Windows (except the one at the front) and all internal staircase. In 1709, the year Martino Fischer executed the decorations of the interiors, contributing to the final change to the original plan of Palladio's interior. Essentially all that remains of the ideas of Palladio, the shape of the building, front building balconies and fragments of the "Hall of four columns.

Palazzo Antonini is a mixed structure: it was the urban Villa and had the features of a country residence, since the mid-16th century it was located on the outskirts of the city centre of Udine and was surrounded by gardens. The façade design includes ionic pilasters, built of stone blocks. A dense network of Windows turned the loggia, facing the street, like a partition, pervious to light.