/ / Palazzo, the Gini in Cesena: photo description (Palazzo Ghini)

Palazzo, the Gini in Cesena: photo description (Palazzo Ghini)

Palazzo, the Gini - Palace of the aristocratic family, the Gini in the town of Cesena. Located on Corso, Sozzi, it is the best known of the five residences of the family. A plot of land on which stands the Palazzo in the old center of the city, the site of many archaeological findings, which say that in a 3-2-th centuries BC there were Roman buildings.

The Gini family is one of the oldest in Italy, his representatives living in the here and now. In the early 13th century the members of the family were part of the nobility in Siena. Among them was the papal ambassadors, scientists, sea captains, crusaders, and even the Pope (Pius VII).

In 1654, the year of Giovanni II, the Gini acquired a plot of land on which today stands the Palazzo, and moved to Cesena all the family. The actual construction of the Palace began in 1680-ies under the direction of architect Pierre Mattia of Angeloni.

Taking advantage of strife among the heirs, Gino Gini, one of the most prominent cultural figures in Cesena at the turn of the 19-20-th centuries, acquired a Palazzo in the company's sole property, and other family members got other possessions, the Gini. At the initiative of Gino, the Palace was handed over to the local Jesuits, who founded it in his residence in 1942 - 1962.

Located in the old town centre near the train station and Corso Cavour, the Palazzo, the Gini leaves a strong impression, being above the adjacent historic buildings. The outer corners of the Palace of Istrian marble decorated with the emblems of Pope Pius VI, who was a member of the family, the Gini. The massive exterior facade is notable for the holes in the wall for scaffolding, which indicates the incompleteness of the building. The facade, facing the courtyard, is one of the most expressive in Cesena. It features a three-storey gallery with white stone columns. A staircase leads to the hall, decorated with four statues of Francesco Callegari and from there you can get into the Hall of fame, where preserved cycle of frescoes of the 18th century, with images of mythological creatures.