/ / Palazzo Ghirlanda Silva in Brugherio: photos, description (Palazzo Ghirlanda-Silva)

Palazzo Ghirlanda Silva in Brugherio: photos, description (Palazzo Ghirlanda-Silva)

Palazzo Ghirlanda-Silva - noble residence in the historic centre of Brugherio in the Italian region of Lombardy. Built in the first half of the 18th century, today it is given over to the public library. The total building area of almost 2 thousand square meters, of which 1400 sq. m. is in fact, the library and the remaining space given over to the exhibition hall, auditorium and offices.

In the 18th century on the site of Palazzo Ghirlanda Silva stood another building, which, together with the Villa Fiorita (now occupied by the municipality) was the property of counts of Scotty. In 1778, the year Joe Batta Scotty sold their holdings to Girlanda Gaspar Silva from Milan, from whose name came the name of the Palazzo. One hundred years later, Carlo Ghirlanda Silva, got into huge debt, was forced to sell the Palace. The building was divided into two lots, one of which was bought by the municipality of Brugherio and the second to Paolo Alberti, owner of mills and a member of the city Council Kassin Baradzh. The garden adjacent to Piazza Noseda (now Piazza Cesare Battisti), was sold Cavalier Noseda. Until the end of the 19th century in the Palazzo Ghirlanda-Silva housed an elementary school and public institutions, and after 1904, the year - kindergarten. In 1960, the year the building housed the library. The Palace itself several times was under restoration, the last of which occurred in 1998-2003.

Palazzo Ghirlanda-Silva is an example of the neoclassical style. It has a U-shaped, with the facade facing the street of via Italy, and the rear wall overlooking the garden with a covered gallery. The gallery was once open, but today she glazed Windows full height. The garden is also a balcony of wrought iron. The facade is notable for the monumental main door, above which is seen a massive, richly decorated balcony, made in the 21st century. The roof is covered with clay tiles. Two walls, which today are from the South and West side of the Palazzo, was built after the building was divided in 1872, the year and sold.