/ / Palazzo della CONSULTA,: photo, description, Palazzo della Consulta)

Palazzo della CONSULTA,: photo, description, Palazzo della Consulta)

Palazzo della CONSULTA Palace of the late Baroque in Rome, where from 1955, the year is hosted by the constitutional court of Italy. The building is located opposite the Piazza del Quirinale from the official residence of the President of the Italian Republic, the Quirinal Palace.

Palazzo della CONSULTA, was built in the 17th century for cardinal Ferrero during the reign of Pope Sixtus V and was completed in 1737, the year under Pope Clement XII. The building housed the main Board of the papal state and the Tribunal, as well as two detachments of the papal guard. From 1798 to 1814, the first years at the Palazzo della CONSULTA, was the headquarters of the Prefecture of Rome, and in the middle of the 19th century, during the existence of the Roman Republic, it became the seat of the ruling Triumvirate. After the annexation of the papal States to the Italian Kingdom in the building lived a Prince Umberto I and his wife Margherita of Savoy. Later in the walls of the Palazzo housed the Ministry of foreign Affairs (from 1874 to 1922-th) and the Ministry of the colonies (from 1924 to 1953-th years). From 1955, the year the Palace houses the constitutional court of Italy.

The façade of the Palazzo della CONSULTA, remarkable arched Windows of the first floor . Columns are only in the Central section and the corners. Palazzo crowned with a large family crest of the family of Corsini, and just below, at the entrance, visible from the crest of the king of Italy.

The interiors of the Palace for several centuries were painted with frescoes. The oldest cycle, dated to the 18th century and belonged to Antonio Bicchierai and Giovanni Domenico Pietrini from him almost nothing left except for a few allegorical figures in the apartments of the cardinal. In 1787, the year the Palace was decorated by artist Bernardino Nokki - his frescoes were also almost completely lost, only preserved frescoes in the Salon of Pompeiano and ceiling decorations in the "Studio dei Giudici". But it is well preserved frescoes of Domenico Bruschi, Cecrops Barilli and Annibale Brugnoli, made for the Royal couple.