/ / Palazzo Chiericati: photos, description (Palazzo Chiericati)

Palazzo Chiericati: photos, description (Palazzo Chiericati)

Palazzo Chiericati - Renaissance Palace in Vicenza, designed by architect Andrea Palladio. The customer of construction was started in 1550, the year was count Girolamo Chiericati, and the last stage of construction work was supervised by his son Valerio. Finally, the construction of the Palazzo was completed in 1680, the year under the direction of architect Carlo Borella.

The Palace was built in the so-called Piazza Dell'isola (now Piazza Matteotti), which in those days was located a cattle and timber markets. In the mid-16th century, the area was a small island surrounded by the waters of the rivers Bacchiglione and Retrop, and in order to protect the structure from flooding, Palladio placed it on a high. Access to the Palace was carried out on a triple staircase in the classical style. The main facade of the Palazzo consists of three parts: the Central part is given lightly and has a covered balcony, and two ends decorated with a loggia on the piano Nobile. Another decoration of the facade are two of a number of combined columns - Doric in the lower and upper Ionian. The roof is notable for the sculptural group.

In 1855, the year in the Palazzo Chiericati is the City Museum, and later the municipal gallery, in which today are the works of Tintoretto, Tiepolo, CIMA da Conegliano, van Dyck, and the Palladio. The international recognition of the structure of the Palladio received in 1994 year, when it was included in the UNESCO world Cultural Heritage site by UNESCO, along with other creations of the great architect in Vicenza. By the way, Palladio was also the author of a country residence of the family Chiericati the eponymous Villa.