/ / Palazzo Malipiero: photos, description (Palazzo Malipiero)

Palazzo Malipiero: photos, description (Palazzo Malipiero)

Palazzo Malipiero Palace in Venice, located on the banks of the Grand canal in the centre of Campo San Samuele. It is directly opposite the exhibition centre of Palazzo Grassi. Adjacent to the Palace garden in Italian style, which offers a wonderful view of the Grand canal, makes the Palace very special in a number of other buildings of Venice. Originally the Palazzo was built in the Byzantine style, but over the centuries has undergone several significant changes.

CA’ Grande - Great house - was built in the early 11th century, the Soranzo family, which in the same period founded the Church of San Samuele, and facing the facade of the Palace. In the 13th century the building was enlarged with a third floor, and at the beginning of the 15th century the owners of the Palazzo became the family Cappello - one of the most influential in Venice. It used the Palace as a warehouse. One hundred years later, Cappello expanded the building and converted its façade overlooking the Grand canal, giving it the present shape. Around 1590, the year the Palazzo became the property of the family of Malipiero, which continue the reconstruction of the Palace. But in the first half of the 19th century with the beginning of the decline of Venice's Palace stripped the fate of the other aristocratic buildings of the city, he began to pass from hand to hand, only contributed to its gradual destruction. Only in 1951, the next year the owners of the Palazzo Barnabo family spent in this restoration work, returning it to its former splendor.

As most other palaces of Venice, Palazzo Malipiero consists of two floors, each of them has its own separate lobby, the stairs and the door on the canal. Through an ancient Byzantine door one can get to the second "piano Nobile" - in the huge lobby of the 17th century that leads to a wonderful first "piano Nobile" and the ancient medieval courtyard. From the original building of the 11th century to the present day preserved square Windows with round arches, visible from the San Samuele.

Special attention is given the garden of Palazzo Malipiero created in the late 18th century, when the extensive Palace gardens, located on the outskirts of the city, have already begun to disappear. From the Grand canal can be seen that the garden is divided into two symmetrical parts, and at its center lies a fountain. The garden also has a huge well with the family coat of arms and sculptures of a bride and groom - caterino Malipiero and Elisabetta Cappello. At the end of the 19th century in the garden there are several new sculptures adorning its landscape. The charm of the garden and the fence adds rich color with a neat trimming of the trees.