/ / Palazzo Mansi: photos, description, Palazzo Mansi)

Palazzo Mansi: photos, description, Palazzo Mansi)

Palazzo Mansi — an outstanding example of the merchant houses of Lucca, this house-Museum. At the end of the 17th century, the then owners of the building have turned it into a "service house", restored in the prevailing at the time the Baroque style.

Palazzo Mansi - a "live" witness the centuries-old history of the Mansi family, which since the 16th century, engaged in agriculture and trade is constantly increasing its status and increasing its status. The building of the late 16th century was created by combining pre-existing towers and in 1616, the year purchased, Ascanio Muncie. Half a century later, the sole heir of Alania — Raffaello — made a number of further acquisitions, thus becoming the owner of the whole block. Raffaello wanted the building to be not only residential house but also a working office, and this desire became dominant in the transformation of the Palazzo. At the end of the 17th century luchessi architect Mazzanti has carried out the restoration of the building, making it more spectacular: the rooms of the first floor was decorated in a lush Baroque style, and to get to them was via a monumental staircase. Other rooms were redone in the summer apartments, the ceilings and vaults painted with frescoes with allegorical images referring viewers to the history of the family of Muncie. However, the facade of the building has retained its Renaissance appearance is austere.

In the second half of the 18th century, new work on the extension of Palazzo Mansi was undertaken to give the building a more modern appearance. The tapestries and curtains in the alcoves were put in order, renovated living room and kitchen — modified. At the same time, on the orders of Luigi Mansi loggia on the ground floor was expanded, which gave the internal facade of the monumental and more harmonious appearance.

In the 18-19 th centuries the Palazzo Mansi was the center of social life of Lucca, and the owners, Raffaele Mansi and Camilla Parenti, was appointed Minister and the first lady-in-waiting at the court of ELISA Bonaparte and Felice Baciocchi. Raffaello Mansi, Orsetti, heir to the family fortune, was the first who opened the Palace and its art collection to the public. After his death in 1956, the year the building was sold to the state.

Today, in the summer apartments of Palazzo Mansi, decorated with frescoes of the 17th century, conferences, and in the former warehouses opened Tkachenka workshop. A whole wing on the first floor is occupied by art gallery, which contains works by Pietro Leopoldo of Tuscany, as well as paintings of various artistic schools of 16-18-th centuries.