/ / Palazzo Muti: photos, description (Palazzo Muti)

Palazzo Muti: photos, description (Palazzo Muti)

The Palazzo Muti, known officially the Palazzo Muti e Santuario della Madonna dell'archetto - a huge building on the Piazza dei Santi Apostoli in Rome, built in 1644, the year. Together with the neighbouring Palazzo Muti, Pazuri Palace was once part of a complex that included several buildings and belonged to the family of Muti, Phpazure. In the 18th century the whole complex of the will of the Pope was the residence of the exiled Stuarts during their exile in Rome (the Catholic Church has recognized Stewart as the only rulers of Britain and Ireland).

The four-storey Palazzo Muti is standing on a street corner. The architect Mattia de Rossi was commissioned to build a residence for Giovanni Battista Muti, Phpazure, member of a Roman noble family. The main facade, which today are painted in pale yellow, adorned with only the corner walls. In the center of the first floor is the main entrance to the Palazzo, leading to an internal courtyard. Its size is in reality little more than an open light shaft. The entrance to the Palace is framed by ionic columns, once crowned by a Baroque pediment. Later the pediment was replaced with a balcony. Top floor of the building hidden from prying eyes wide eaves. Three Windows are separated from each other by double columns. Interestingly, in the figures of the 18th century we see that this floor was decorated with statues of the Baroque style.

After the death of the last member of the family Muti, Phpazure in 1816, the year the Palazzo passed to the family of the Marquis Livio Savorelli, which also owned the Villa Aurelia on the Gianicolo hill, where today houses the American Academy in Rome.

Its long and religious name - the Palazzo Muti e Santuario della Madonna del Arketto Palace acquired after the events of 1796, the year when, according to legend, the icon of the virgin Mary placed in a niche in a narrow alley in the rear courtyard of the Palazzo, changed the direction of gaze. According to another version, the icon "cried" due to the fact that the Papal state was occupied by the French. By the mid-19th century icon, painted in 1690, the year Domenico Muratori was recognized as miraculous, and the place of its location has become one of the most visited in Rome. That is why the owners of the Palazzo in 1850, the year commissioned the architect, Virginio Vespignani to build around the icons of the Church of the Madonna del Arketto - today it is the smallest active Church in Rome.

Today in the Palazzo Muti offers a variety of offices, but tourists can go to the courtyard.