/ / Palazzo Nonfinito: photos, description (Palazzo Nonfinito)

Palazzo Nonfinito: photos, description (Palazzo Nonfinito)

Palazzo Nonfinito Palace in the Mannerist style, standing on via del NR in Florence. Its construction began in 1593, the year under the guidance of architect Bernardo Buontalenti, but only the first floor was able to complete on time. Finished construction of the Palace for other architects. Today, the walls of the working section of anthropology and Ethnology Museum of natural history of Florence.

In 1592, the year of Alessandro Strozzi decided to build a Palace on a plot of land, which formerly belonged to the family of the Pazzi. From them family residence - Renaissance Palazzo Pazzi - new Palace was separated by the alley. The architect Bernardo Buontalenti and his pupil Matteo Negretti worked on the building from 1593 to 1600-th years, talking about window ornaments and console in the style of mannerism, as well as the side portal. The facade has preserved the heraldic shield of the family of Strozzi of that period. Later, the artist Santi di Tito were hired for the construction of the main staircase, and the decoration of the main entrance from the street via NR worked Giovanni Battista Caccini project by Vincenzo Scamozzi. Ludovico Cardi was in the inner court Palace in 1604, the year. After the death of Caccini, his work was continued by Negretti, but the building remained unfinished, why got its name ("nonfinito" in Italian means "incomplete").

Later, the Palazzo became property of the family Guasti, and in 1814, the year was transferred to the government, which has placed in some public institution. In the period when Florence was capital of Italy, Palazzo Nonfinito met the Council of state. In 1919, the year within its walls was opened the Museum of anthropology and Ethnology, founded in 1869, the year the anthropologist and art collector Paolo Mantegazza (his bust can be seen today at the entrance). His collection includes various inventions created in the era of the Medici and transferred to the Museum by inventors from different parts of the globe. Here you can see the mummies of the Incas of Peru, the Japanese kimono, skulls from New Guinea, and other unusual exhibits. The Indian collection was assembled by the famous orientalist Angelo de Gubernatis.