/ / Palazzo Pazzi: photos, description (Palazzo Pazzi)

Palazzo Pazzi: photos, description (Palazzo Pazzi)

Palazzo Pazzi or the Palazzo della Congiura and the Palazzo Pazzi-Quaratesi Palace in the Renaissance style, standing on via NR in Florence. The Palace is located between the Palazzo Nonfinito and the Palazzo Pazzi-Ammannati.

The construction of the Palace was initiated by Jacopo de Pazzi, and was carried out from 1458 to 1469 th years, the territory that belonged to the family known as Canto Pazzi. The architect was Giuliano da Maiano, but later it was attributed to Michelozzo di Bartolomeo and Filippo Brunelleschi.

After the disclosure of the Pazzi Conspiracy (Congiura di Pazzi), the Palazzo was confiscated by the ruling family of the Medici, and Jacopo de Pazzi was executed by an angry mob after attempted coup. The Palace became the property of the French family d Actonville, then moved on to the cibo family, and in 1594, the year was purchased by the Strozzi family, which owned it for almost two centuries. From 1760 to 1843-th years the building belonged to the family of Quaratesi - all these changes are reflected in the name of the Palace.

In 1850, the year in the Palazzo Pazzi is court - Tribunale della Suprema Corte di Cassazione. And in the period when Florence was capital of Italy from 1865 to 1871-th) in the former home of the Ambassador of Prussia with his diplomatic mission. In 1913, the year the Palazzo was bought and renovated the Bank of Florence by the architects Ezio Carpi and Adolfo coppedè. Their project involves the covering of the courtyard roof and the creation of ceramic and glass decorations, over which the artists worked Film and Galileo Chini.

The first floor of the Palazzo Pazzi lined with yellow stone "Pietra Forte", and the second floor, on the contrary, stands out with pale stucco walls decorated with gracefully arched Windows with rounded arches. In the lunettes above the Windows you can see the flowers are framed by billowing sails - a reference to the Maritime past of the family of Pazzi. On one of the corners is preserved the coat of arms of the Pazzi, the pattern of which is repeated on the capitals of columns in the courtyard.

Interesting detail: one of the elements of the family coat of arms of the Pazzi is the flaming chalice. According to legend, one of the founders of the genus, Pazzino dei Patsi, were among the first Christians, attacked Jerusalem during the First Crusade. As a reward for his courage he was given three flints of their Church of the Holy Sepulchre, which presumably was used for ignition of the lamps in the tomb of Christ. Today these artifacts are kept in the Church of Santi Apostoli in Florence.