/ / Palazzo Rusticucci-Accoramboni: photos, description (Palazzo Rusticucci-Accoramboni)

Palazzo Rusticucci-Accoramboni: photos, description (Palazzo Rusticucci-Accoramboni)

Palazzo Rusticucci-Accoramboni - reconstructed Palace of the late Renaissance in Rome, built by architect Domenico Fontana and Carlo Maderno. Once he was facing the Piazza of Rusticucci, and in 1940-m to year was demolished and rebuilt along the North side of the street via della Conciliazione. Nearby are Palazzo dei Convertendo also demolished and rebuilt in the 1940-ies, Palazzo Jacopo da Brescia and the house physician of Pope Paul III.

Girolamo of Rusticucci, a native of Marche, 1570, the year was appointed by Pope Pius V by the cardinal of Santa Susanna. A couple of years later he bought the Palace at the end of the street, via Alessandrina and several nearby buildings to build a large residence for himself. However, some neighbors refused to sell him their houses, so a woman's home just became part of the Palazzo, and she and her descendants received the right to live in it. Only in 1584, the year of Rusticucci was commissioned Domenico Fontana to design the project of the Palace, which also was involved in the nephew of the architect, Carlo Maderno. In 1630, the year in the Palazzo for some time is one of the oldest schools of Rome - "Collegio Nazareno". Later, the descendants of the cardinal sold the building to a family of Accoramboni. In 1667, the year during construction of the Colonnades of St. Peter's square had to be demolished a few buildings in front of new square. Thus was formed a new square, bounded on the North, and that until Rusticucci and received the same name.

At the beginning of the 20th century in Palazzo Rusticucci housed the Roman historical Institute and the congregation for the evangelization of peoples. And in 1940, the year the Palace was demolished and rebuilt by the architect Clemente Busiri wichi. Near the Palace there is a small old tavern, in one of the rooms where you had dinner the great Raphael. Here was opened the first in Rome pizzeria.

Renovated Palazzo Rusticucci shorter than the original building - the brick façade has a total of 13 Windows. Window cornices and the portal of the Palace - the few remaining items. To the right of the entrance is a rectangular courtyard with Doric, ionic and Corinthian columns, opposite is another courtyard - smaller and surrounded by a covered gallery with picture Windows. Once in the courtyard stood a fountain, but he was later transferred to the garden of the Church of Santa Sabina on the Aventine hill.

The Palazzo is now working "caffè San Pietro", opened in 1775, the year, is one of the oldest cafes in Rome.