/ / Rezzato: photo description (Rezzato)

Rezzato: photo description (Rezzato)

Rezzato is a town in the province of Brescia in the Italian region Lombardy. One of its main attractions belonging to prehistoric period, is the so-called CA’ dei Alegria - a cave located on the southern slope of the mountain Monte Ragogna. In the course of archaeological excavations conducted here from 1954 to 1968-th years, in the cave were found artifacts of the Neolithic period - the oldest in the entire province. Probably, in ancient times CA ' dei Alegria served as a refuge for primitive people, for the same purpose it can be used by our contemporaries in the years of the Second World war. Unfortunately, in 1969, the year the cave was partially destroyed during the development of the marble quarry.

It is believed that the modern name of the city of Rezzato comes from the medieval word "regalim", which meant "Royal court", this term is used to refer to the territory around Brescia. Your contribution to the development of the city was made by the Benedictine monks who drained the surrounding marshland and laying of irrigation canals on the Valverde plain.

In the 14th century during the wars between the Guelphs and Ghibellines to power in Milan and the surrounding land came the Visconti clan, which supported the Emperor Henry VII. And in the 15th century the Western part of Lombardy was occupied by the Sforza family, and the province of Brescia became part of Venetian Republic. It was in those years began to flourish Commerce and different crafts, and Rezzato became known throughout Italy for its marble. 15th and until the beginning of the 20th centuries, mining of marble and other stone were the main industry of the city economy.

Today Rezzato offers the tourists several attractions, among which certainly stands out PInAC - international gallery of children's art Aldo Cibaldi, opened over 30 years ago. In the gallery, located on the street via Discipline, holds about 4.5 thousand works of art. In the building in addition to the gallery is an educational center, which hosts various seminars and trainings and perform Italian and foreign artists. Gallery collection is constantly updated - the staff take children's drawings, study them and catalogservlet.

Between the small villages of Ponte and the Channel in the surroundings of Rezzato is a luxury Villa Avogadro-Fenaroli, which for four centuries served as the residence of noble families from Brescia. Its Northern wing facing balcony via main commercial, date back to the 16th century. Near the garden fence, under Lebanese cedars perched a covered loggia of the same 16th century. Gothic greenhouses were built in 1840, the year, and the garden itself has undergone significant changes in 1863, the year. Since 2006, the year the Villa Avogadro-Fenaroli is hotel "Palace Hotel".

Behind the Villa you can see the Temple of Bacchus, which in the 2001-year was destroyed by the vandals, but, fortunately, was quickly restored as the symbol of the town's history.

Since, as mentioned above, Rezzato since ancient times was famous for its marble, there is nothing surprising in the fact that in 1839, the year of Udolpho, Vantini opened in the building of the town Hall school for the education of its masters. He Vantini was one of the best architects of Brescia. The school named after him is currently located in the southern part of the city.

Finally, it should be said that in Rezzato equipped more than 8 km of cycle paths, with which the city is connected with the provincial Cycling route Rezzato-Salò and lake Garda.