/ / Roseto degli Abruzzi: photo description (Roseto degli Abruzzi)

Roseto degli Abruzzi: photo description (Roseto degli Abruzzi)

Roseto degli Abruzzi is a small town located between two rivers, Tordino and Vomano in the province of Teramo. It is a popular seaside resort on the Adriatic coast with a population of about 24 thousand people. The last decades have seen a steady growth of the local economy, associated with tourism development. This is especially noticeable in such areas as, Borachio, Campo a Mare and Voltarol. Very often the coast of Venice called Lido delle rose - Beach Rose. And recently, local 10-kilometer-long beach received the prestigious "Blue flag" - a mark of distinction, confirming the purity of local waters.

Originally the city was called Osburga, however, in the years of the First World war this name became very unpopular, especially in military circles, because of everything that has been said in the Austrian style - the worst enemy of Italy in the war. In 1927, the year the city was officially renamed in Roseto degli Abruzzi. In part, this is due to the huge number and variety of roses and oleanders in abundance growing everywhere.

Among the city attractions include the Pinacoteca Comunale, which contains works by local artists, ceramics and works by masters of the art furniture. Religious buildings there are the Church of the Santissima Annunziata and Santa Maria Assunta and the chapel of the Russicum. All three have beautiful architecture and works of art stored inside, and the Russicum chapel is notable for the fact that it is Orthodox, not Catholic.

Also in Roseto degli Abruzzi, there is a swimming pool Olympic size, tennis courts, a huge sports stadium for 4500 spectators, a field for game in soccer and bocce ball (for accuracy).